Friday, January 21, 2011

First Post

So, this is the first time I've attempted blogging. But it doesn't look too difficult. This will be my online journal, for my friends and family to read, for my time studying abroad at Queen's University in Belfast, NI. I'm really a student at Warren Wilson College, in Asheville, NC, a tiny, environment-minded college in the mountains. This... this will be an adventure.

The blog title is the name of an Enya keyboard piece. I couldn't think of one myself, and I couldn't find any Irish song titles that didn't sound emo (according to the cultural assessment tool that is my little sister), or weren't in Irish (and unpronounceable by the people who'll be reading this).

You can't go wrong with Enya. You might fall asleep. But college students are the most sleep-deprived segment of the population, so it's all right, we need it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Meghan, I'm a friend of yer ma's. Best of luck to you on your new adventures. And look forward to reading about them. I'm also on facebook so feel free to friend me if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Meghan!!! I am so excited for you and cannot wait to hear about your adventures!!!! <3 Kayte

    ReplyDelete