Friday, February 11, 2011

Where, Exactly, I Am

I just realized that I hadn't done this. I probably should, just in case there are people who still think I'm in the South or something.

This is a map of the UK and Ireland:

http://www.worldmaps.co.uk/free-world-maps


I am in Belfast, the capital of Northern Ireland. Belfast is in County Antrim, one of the six counties that make up Northern Ireland. Yes, it's very damp.* The countryside features little bumpy hills, hedges, and sheep. The city looks like something out of a steampunk fanfic, and it's infested by both pigeons and seagulls. People park on the sidewalks and the street signs are stuck to the buildings. There are lots of places to buy fresh meat, fruit, and vegetables. It's the second safest city in the world, after Tokyo.**

Anyway... I hope to travel around a bit while I'm here. I've no interest whatsoever in continental Europe (except maybe Switzerland, as they make chocolate there) so I'll stick to the islands. I want to visit England, and the South (the Republic of Ireland) though I'm a little scared to go to Dublin as people tell me it's such a big city.

*In fact, it's raining as I write this.

**If you're not from the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment