Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Why I've Done Nothing This Week

Me: This will be a great week! I'll answer all my e-mails, get a good day in at the library and do all my reading for next week, update my blog, and go back for a day in Dublin to see the museums I didn't get to last week!

My body: Woah, hang on. You are way too bright-eyed and bushy-tailed right now.

Nasty little virus with nothing better to do: We'll fix that!

My body:  ACUTE SINUSITIS! Attack virus! Attaaack!!! *an epic battle proceeds to be fought inside my head*

Me: Wha?!skhgerkjhksfjhdkjhbfksjksdblehhhhhh *falls over*

Everybody loves a good virus, right? I started feeling a bit odd last weekend, probably a slight cold or intensified allergies, but by the time I came home from class at the beginning of this week... I was definitely in bad shape. I was having difficulties walking in a straight line, I was losing my voice, and Monday night was a fever dream. So... it might take me a while to get back to blogging, for real, and to getting stuff done. I'll try and get through my e-mails tomorrow, when I have more reliable internet access, and can look down at a keyboard without my brains trying to escape my skull via my nose. I've spent today in my room (after an interesting walk to Tesco for Sudafed and chocolate), reading books that I don't have to take notes on, destroying poor defenseless handkerchiefs, drinking warm water, and just generally oozing all over everything.

This may be TMI for a few people, but it's mostly my family and friends who read this and I feel I ought to explain my lack of activity.

Oh, and by the way, to the pickpocket who robbed me in Dublin: I keep my handkerchiefs in the back pocket of my backpack. Yeah. I'm sorry. Drink lots of fluids, try to get some rest, and you should be over it in a few days.

3 comments:

  1. Oh! Poor baby! I'm so sorry you are sick, Meghan.
    So did the pickpocket get a nice dose of wet hankie? That sounds like a bad joke.
    Hope you're starting to feel better. Sudafed and chocolate is a healing combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whine whine moan complain. Sniffle sniffle.

    :P

    Yes, they did. I do feel a bit bad about it now - that was a day before I began feeling ill, which meant I probably had a cold and was contagious at the time. Oops.

    Maureen and Aidan made me go to the doctor as well, who told me a list of things to do (all of which I was doing) and gave me a prescription for an antibiotic, which is the default gotta-prescribe-something thing for sinus infections. I'm just hoping I'll be over it enough that I can do things tomorrow (all my classes being Monday and Tuesday)

    BLEH

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're slowly getting better. I have some happy news. I have a new baby rat named Calliope who is a gray hooded dumbo rat with curly fur that is rabbit soft. She's so small, only a bit larger than a mouse. And is ridiculously sweet. She's been content to sit on my shoulder for over an hour now. I'm introducing her to the old girls a little at a time. We'll see how they do unsupervised for a while while I'm out preforming Butoh in town. They seem ok with her in the short term, the both ended up grooming her and she only squealed once when Priss grabbed her by the scruff of the neck.

    Anycase the freakout from last night is done and I no longer have an explosive temper. A bad day in class makes for a pissy Rei.

    Well, I hope a baby rat makes you feel better. I'll take a picture if I can. Might have to have someone else do it since she only sits still on me.

    ReplyDelete