Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My Interesting Day (Many Days Ago Now)

So as not to bore anyone with too many details:
Went to a charity shop, and bought a sweet little children’s book for my baby sister. On the way to the City Centre, lost my NHS card. Walked up and down the street, and couldn’t find it. Went to the optometrist’s office, where the nice receptionist wrote down the number for me to call to get a new NHS card. Went to Primark to wander around, maybe buy some more warm clothes, and wait for my eye appointment. Went to my eye appointment – optometrist and receptionist unbelievably kind, helpful, and friendly. Leaving the office, realized I’d lost the children’s book, and the number I’d stuck in it. Went back to the office where the still-nice receptionist wrote it down for me, again. Was very sad about losing the book, so stopped in at the pharmacy on the way home and bought myself a candy bar, which is something I rarely do on my own unless I’m feeling bad.
Note: My NHS card was dropped through the letter slot a day later. Some nice stranger found it, and took the trouble to return it. I never got the book back, though.
But I got new glasses.

2 comments:

  1. So where is a photo of the new glasses or are they on order?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fan bomaite! I need to go through my pictures.

    It's nothing shocking, though. I looked in the windows of all the optometrists I passed, but I don't think they sell big frames that aren't really terrible *sigh* they're just not in style. So I got a second pair the same size (and frame type) as the ones I have, so now I have two good pairs of glasses (as opposed to one pair, and another either dog-chewed or the wrong prescription), which, considering how often I lose my glasses, is a GOOD THING even if the frames aren't as big as I'd like them to be.

    I just have to wait till the big ones get popular again.

    ReplyDelete