Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Easter Break Begins!

Of course, this means that my time here is running out, which makes me want to cry and scream, and take a random bus into the country somewhere and change my name and pretend I'm Irish. But I'm not thinking about it. Not yet. I have to plan my break, and also tell y'all* about my exciting Sunday, about my exciting Monday, about C.S. Lewis and how incredibly odd and awesome he was, and about my socks.

Here are my socks:



They are good socks. They are stripety. And, Katie, if you're reading this, they fit about 10 small oranges' worth** of love, each.

I have to go find a calendar now, and decide when to go to Galway, and whether or not I'm going to find a mountain to climb on tomorrow. A nice lady from church - the doctor I mentioned earlier, whose name I can't remember at the moment - showed me Belfast Castle on Sunday, and offered to bring me on a C.S. Lewis walking tour at some point (it would give her an excuse to go - it's the sort of thing that someone living here wouldn't ever think to do, you see). I hope it works out - there's so much I never got round to doing, because nobody told me about it, and I didn't think of it.

* Just in case anyone thought I'd come back with a perfect Irish accent... nope. Sorry. I wish.

** People look at you strangely when they see you take your socks  off and fill them with fruit. Fact.

3 comments:

  1. So you just need to come back and finish school and then go over there on a work visa or something? I was pretty sure you'd never want to come back to the states!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you wouldn't want to come back. That's the very reason I HAVENT gone abroad. Nice socks by the way. Also seems like I will be living closer to you than I thought. The suite didnt work out (didn't think it would really) so now I'm rooming with Jess somewhere on that side of the bridge. Anyway, hope the C.S. Lewis walking tour works out for ya!

    And I figured you wouldn't return to us with a full Irish accent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bad health day dotay. please excutes typoes. socks GUD. btw... I didn't start using my southern accent until I left the south for some reaon... there's always home.
    xo
    MJ

    ReplyDelete